- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
PLEASE REVIEW THE TOU CAREFULLY. BY REGISTERING FOR AN ACCOUNT, PLACING AN ORDER, ACCESSING OR OTHERWISE USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TOU, INCLUDING ANY REVISIONS.
- GRANT OF RIGHTS
Subject to your compliance with the TOU in all material respects, Essity grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, revocable right to access and use the Site.
- You may browse the Site without registering, but some features may not be accessible unless you register. In registering for the Site, you agree to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Site's registration form (the "Registration Data"); and (ii) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Essity has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Essity may suspend or terminate your account.
- You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account. You may not share your account or password with anyone. You agree to notify Essity immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password or any other similar breach of security.
- You represent and warrant that you are: (i) over eighteen years of age or the age of majority in our jurisdiction, whichever is greater; (ii) of legal age to form a binding contract; and (iii) not a person barred from using the Site under the laws of the United States or any other applicable jurisdiction.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONTENT
- You acknowledge and agree that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags and/or other materials accessible through the Site, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted ("Content"), are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not Essity, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available through the Site ("Your Content"), and other users of the Site, and not Essity, are similarly responsible for all Content they upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available through the Site ("User Content").
- You acknowledge and agree that Essity has no obligation to pre-screen Content (including, but not limited to, Your Content and User Content), although Essity reserves the right in its sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse or remove any Content. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Essity shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOU or that it deems objectionable.
- RIGHTS TO CONTENT
- Essity does not claim ownership of Your Content. However, you grant Essity and its service providers a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicensable, transferable license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works, publicly perform and publicly display Your Content. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of data associated with the Site, including Your Content, may require: (i) transmissions over various networks; and (ii) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- Except with respect to Your Content, you agree that Essity and its licensors own all rights, title and interest in the Site and all Content within the Site. You may not: (i) reproduce, distribute, alter, modify, create derivative works from or publicly display any Content (except Your Content); (ii) frame or utilize any framing technique to enclose any Content; or (iii) decompile, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code for any software within or associated with the Site.
- The Essity, TENA®, TENA® Net, TENA® U, TENA Portraits™ and TENA® Care Management names and logos are trademarks of Essity or its affiliates ("Essity Marks"). You agree not to display or use in any manner any Essity Mark without Essity's prior written consent.
- USER CONDUCT
In connection with your access to or use of the Site, you shall not:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that: (i) is illegal, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful or otherwise objectionable; (ii) you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as confidential or proprietary information learned as part of an employment relationship or under a non-disclosure agreement); (iii) infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary right of any party; (iv) consists of unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation; or (v) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, Essity personnel, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Site;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to scroll faster than other users of the Site are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects the ability of other users to use the Site;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately heavy load on the Site or its infrastructure;
- interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- use spiders, crawlers, robots or any other similar means to access the Site or substantially download, reproduce or archive any portion of the Site;
- sell, share, transfer, trade, loan or exploit for any commercial purpose any portion of the Site, including, but not limited to, your user account and password; or
- violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation.
- RATINGS AND REVIEWS
If you submit ratings or reviews for any products on the Site, you agree, warrant and covenant that the ratings and reviews that you submit will: (a) be accurate and not false, misleading or deceptive; (b) not include any URL external to the Site; (c) not reference any physical address, email address, phone number or other contact information; (d) fully disclose any connection between you and a person or company with a financial interest in the product or a directly competing product and not express sentiments by or on behalf such person or company; and (e) not be submitted for any form of compensation or consideration from any party.
- DEALINGS WITH ADVERTISERS AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES
Your dealings with advertisers and other third parties who market, sell, buy or offer to sell or buy any goods or services on the Site, including payment or delivery of such goods or services and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and the advertiser or other third-party. You agree that Essity shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of any such dealings.
- LINKS AND EXTERNAL MATERIALS
- MODIFICATIONS TO THE SITE
Essity reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Essity shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site (or any portion thereof).
In the event that you violate the TOU, all rights granted to you under the TOU shall be terminated immediately, with or without notice, and Essity, in its sole discretion, may remove and discard Your Content.
You agree to indemnify and hold Essity and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, due to or arising out of your use of the Site or violation of the TOU.
- PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
Essity attempts to be as accurate as possible. However, Essity does not represent or warrant that product descriptions or any other Content is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free.
- HEALTH INFORMATION DISCLAIMER
Some portions of the Site may provide information about which Essity products may work best for you based upon information that you provide. However, the Content on the Site is presented in a summary fashion and is intended to be used for educational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as a recommendation for a specific treatment plan, course of action or medical or healthcare provider. Your use of the Site does not create a doctor/patient relationship. THE SITE DOES NOT OFFER MEDICAL ADVICE AND NOTHING CONTAINED IN THE SITE IS INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE PROFESSIONAL ADVICE FOR MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT. You should not use the Site to diagnose a health or fitness problem or disease. Use of the Site does not replace medical consultations with a qualified health or medical professional to meet the health and medical needs of you or any other party. Essity disclaims all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health provider referred to on the Site. Do not disregard the medical advice of a physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of any information you obtain from the Site.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS, Essity AND ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS (“Essity PARTIES”) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT, NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- THE Essity PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT: (i) THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) ACCESS TO THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; OR (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE Essity PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY TYPE OR MANNER OF COMMERCIAL, BUSINESS OR FINANCIAL LOSS, EVEN IF THE Essity PARTIES HAD ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE. IN NO EVENT SHALL Essity’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING UNDER OR RELATING TO THE TOU OR YOUR USE OF THE SITE EXCEED THE AMOUNT RECEIVED BY Essity FROM YOUR TRANSACTIONS WITH Essity ON THE SITE IN THE TWELVE (12)-MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH ANY SUCH CLAIM AROSE.
- CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
- GOVERNING LAW
The TOU shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without regard to conflict of laws principles.
- AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE DISPUTES
Any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to the TOU, your visit to the Site or products you purchase through the Site or by phone shall be resolved through confidential arbitration by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) under its then-applicable rules, including its Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. Such arbitration shall: (a) be heard and resolved by a single independent and neutral arbitrator; (b) take place in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; and (c) be conducted in the English language. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding. Judgement on the arbitral award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under the TOU shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to the TOU, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you and Essity may seek injunctive relief and any other equitable remedies from any court of competent jurisdiction to protect our intellectual property rights, whether in aid of, pending or independently of the resolution of any dispute pursuant to the arbitration procedures set forth above.
- NO THIRD-PARTY BENEFICIARIES
You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in the TOU, there shall be no third-party beneficiaries to this agreement.
- PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that your work has been made available through the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Essity’s Agent for Notice of Copyright Claims the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) a description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (c) a description of the material that you claim is infringing and where that material may be accessed within the Site; (d) your address, telephone number and email address; (e) a statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (f) a statement from you that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Essity’s Agent for Notice of Copyright Claims can be reached as follows:
Agent for Notice of Copyright Claims
The Cira Centre
2929 Arch Street, Suite 2600
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Phone: +1 610-499-3700
- GENERAL PROVISIONS
The TOU constitutes the entire agreement between you and Essity concerning your access to and use of the Site. It supersedes any prior or contemporaneous agreements between you and Essity with respect to such subject matter. The failure of Essity to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOU shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, then such provision shall be construed, limited, modified or, if necessary, severed to the extent necessary to eliminate its invalidity or unenforceability.
Revised : June 16, 2021
1. Categories of personal data and processing purposes
You may use our website or app without providing any personal data about you. In this case, Essity will collect only the following metadata that result from your usage:
Referral page, data and time of access, data volume transmitted, status of transmission, type of web browser, IP-address, operating system and interface, language and version of browser software.
Your IP-address will be used to enable your access to our website or app. Once the IP-address is no longer necessary for this purpose, we will shorten your IP-address by removing the last octet of your IP-address. The metadata, including the shortened IP-address will be used to improve the quality and services of our website or app by analyzing the usage behavior of our users.
If you create an account on/in our website or app, you may be asked to provide personal data about you, for example: Name, postal address, email address, selected password, telephone number, bank account details, credit card details, invoicing and delivery address, interests in certain products/services (voluntary), request to receive marketing emails (voluntary). Essity processes such personal data for purposes of providing our services to you, to provide you with marketing materials to the extent permitted by applicable law, and to analyze your interests for marketing purposes.
If you order a product via our website or app, Essity collects and processes the following personal data about you: Your account data, type and amount of product, purchase price, order date, order status, product returns, customer care requests. Essity processes such personal data for purposes of carrying out the contractual relationship and the product order, providing customer care services, compliance with legal obligations, defending, establishing, and exercising legal claims, and tailored marketing.
If you participate in a sweepstake, Essity collects and processes the following personal data about you: Name, postal address, email address, date of entry, selection as winner, prize, answer to quiz. Essity processes such personal data for purposes of carrying out the sweepstake, informing the winner, delivering the price to the winner, carrying out the event, and marketing.
Health Data: By ordering some products, Essity may collect and process also information about health conditions as implied by product order. Health data are sensitive data within the meaning of the GDPR and Essity is taking all necessary steps to protect such sensitive data as legally required. Subject to consent, Essity collects and processes health data solely for the purposes of carrying out the contractual relationship and the product order, providing customer care services, compliance with legal obligations, defending, establishing, and exercising legal claims, and tailored marketing.
2. Third Parties
- Transfer to service providers
Essity may engage external service providers, who act as a data processor of Essity, to provide certain services to Essity, such as website service providers, marketing service providers or IT support service providers. When providing such services, the external service providers may have access to and/or may process your personal data.
We request those external service providers to implement and apply security safeguards to ensure the privacy and security of your personal data.
- Other recipients
Essity may transfer - in compliance with applicable data protection law - personal data to law enforcement agencies, governmental authorities, legal counsel, external consultants, or business partners. In case of a corporate merger or acquisition, personal data may be transferred to the third parties being involve in the merger or acquisition.
- International transfers of Personal Data
The Personal Data that we collect or receive about you may be transferred to and processed by recipients which are located inside or outside the European Economic Area ("EEA
"). The countries include those listed at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/adequacy/index_en.htm
which provide an adequate level of data protection from a European data protection law perspective. Other recipients might be located in other countries which do not adduce an adequate level of protection from a European data protection law perspective. Essity will take all necessary measures to ensure that transfers out of the EEA are adequately protected as required by applicable data protection law. With respect to transfers to countries not providing an adequate level of data protection, we base the transfer on appropriate safeguards, such as standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission or by a supervisory authority, approved code of conducts together with binding and enforceable commitments of the recipient, or approved certification mechanisms together with binding and enforceable commitments of the recipient. You can ask for a copy of the such appropriate safeguards by contacting us as set out in Sec. 7 (Contact us
3. Legal basis for the processing
We may carry out the processing of your personal data on the following legal basis:
- You have given your consent to the processing of your data for one or more specific purposes;
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract;
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject to;
- The processing is necessary to protect your vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us;
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of you which require protection of personal data, in particular if you are a child;
- Other applicable legal basis for data processing, especially provisions set out by member state law;
We may carry out the processing of your sensitive personal data on the following legal basis:
- You have given your explicit consent to the processing of your sensitive personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of carrying out the obligations and exercising specific rights of Essity or of the data subject in the field of employment and social security and social protection law;
- The processing relates to personal data which are manifestly made public by the data subject;
- The processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity;
The provision of your personal data is required by a statutory or contractual obligation, or necessary to enter into a contract with us or to receive our services/products as requested by you, or simply voluntary for you.
Not providing your personal data may result in disadvantages for you, e.g. you may not be able to receive certain products and services. However, unless otherwise specified, not providing your personal data will not result in legal consequences for you.
4. What rights do you have and how can you assert your rights?
If you have declared your consent regarding certain collecting, processing and use of your personal data, you can revoke this consent at any time with future effect. Further, you can object to the use of your personal data for the purposes of marketing without incurring any costs other than the transmission costs in accordance with the basic tariffs.
Pursuant to the applicable data protection law you have the right (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to request rectification of your personal data, (iii) to request erasure of your personal data, (iv) to request restriction of processing of your personal data, (v) to request data portability, (vi) to object to the processing of your personal Data (including objection to profiling), and (vii) to object to automated decision making (including profiling).
To exercise your rights please contact us as stated under Sec. 7 (Contact us) below.
In case of complaints you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority.
5. Cookies and other tracking technologies
6. How long do we keep your Personal Data?
Your personal data will be retained as long as necessary to provide you with the services and products requested. Once our relationship has come to an end, we will either delete your personal data or anonymize your personal data, unless statutory retention requirements apply (such as for taxation purposes). We may retain your contact details and interests in our products or services for a long period of time if Essity is allowed to send you marketing materials. Also, we may be required by applicable law to retain certain of your personal data for a period of 10 years after the relevant taxation year. We may also retain your personal data after the termination of the contractual relationship if your personal data are necessary to comply with other applicable laws or if we need your personal data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim, on a need to know basis only. To the extent possible, we will restrict the processing of your personal data for such limited purposes after the termination of the contractual relationship.
7. Contact us
Essity Aktiebolag (publ), Compliance&Ethics Team, P.O. Box 200, SE-101 23 Stockholm, Sweden
Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. Click on the Cookie Settings button to find out more and change our default settings. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.
When accepting all Cookies in our cookie banner, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. By changing the cookie settings, either in our cookie settings link or in your browser, the website will work but without the above-mentioned enhancements.